||ServletExec/ISAPI 5.0 for Microsoft IIS
ReleaseNotes.txt for the ServletExec ISAPI October 2004 hotfix.
This hotfix contains only those components which are relevant for SE ISAPI.
The JAR was updated to fix some bugs.
The DLL was simply carried over from a previous hotfix/patch for convenience,
and its version was updated simply to reflect the current version
[v5.0.0.07] (to avoid confusion).
Hotfixes are cummulative, so they contain all the fixes found in their
This patch includes an updated ServletExec50.jar file which includes the following changes/bugfixes:
- bug #0193: HttpServletRequest.getRemoteUser() returns null when NTLM/IWA Authentication is used
- bug #1391: Custom classloader is not as optimized as it could be
- bug #1430: Character encoding not being honored for the body of a custom tag
- bug #1438: Webserver default pages not found if default-app deployed without welcome files
[introduced by the fix for bug #1075 in p03]
- bug #1440: No error occurs if a non DataSource class is configured as a DataSource
- bug #1441: Datasource disappears from Admin UI if datasources.xml uses empty body tags
- bug #1442: Datasource properties disappear from admin UI if an invalid value is specified in datasources.xml
How to apply any SE hotfix
Generally this involves:
1. Stopping SE and the webserver
NOTE: With IIS this involves stopping the IIS Admin Service
from the Services Control Panel.
2. Renaming the component to be hotfixed
3. Putting the hotfixed component in place of the un-hotfixed component
(giving it the original name of the un-hotfixed component)
The specifics of doing this can vary based on which component you are patching.
- ServletExecXX.jar can typically be found in the
<ServletExec Install Directory>\lib\ directory.
- ServletExecISAPI.dll can typically be found in the