FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 29, 2007
Media Relations Manager
New Atlanta Communications, LLC
BlueDragon 7.0 Released
Offers Superior Platform Support, Performance and CFML Language Innovation.
Alpharetta, GA - March 29, 2007 - New Atlanta Communications, a leading producer of advanced server-side technologies, is pleased to announce BlueDragon 7.0, the newest version of its BlueDragon product family for deploying ColdFusion® Markup Language (CFML) web applications.
Unparalleled Native Platform Support
BlueDragon is the only CFML engine with native deployment on both Java and Microsoft .NET based platforms. Deployment options range from BlueDragon Server, a standalone CFML application server, to any Java 2 Enterprise Edition (J2EE™) and Microsoft .NET application server.
New and Innovative Language Features Increase Developer Productivity and Application Performance
BlueDragon 7.0 introduces several important new CFML programming language features that are not available on any other CFML server. New language features, available in all version of BlueDragon, include: Multi-threading; intelligent query caching; support for Interfaces and abstract CFCs; and NULL keyword support.
Pixl8 Interactive, a UK-based content management system vendor, experienced dramatic increases in performance using BlueDragon's multi-thread language tag. "CFTHREAD has allowed us to simply and easily send large database commits to separate background threads," said Neil Rosewarn, Managing Director of Pixl8. "Asynchronous processing allowed us to circumvent bottlenecks within our application and dramatically improve the user experience from a 4-5 second wait to a few milliseconds."
Pixl8's Preside CMS application is a complex web development framework which utilizes advanced functions within CFML including CFCs and heavy use of XML and database interaction. "We have found that the .NET version of Bluedragon 7 offers a significant increase in both raw performance and under high stress situations - plus better general resource management than we have been able to achieve with CFMX 7", Mr. Rosewarn further added.
BlueDragon 7.0 also includes the following major features and enhancements:
- CFQUERY enhancements:
- CACHEDUNTILCHANGE attribute
- BACKGROUND attribute for background SQL processing
- Application.cfc with enhancements:
- onClientStart event handler
- onMissingTemplate event handler
- CFDOCUMENT with enhancements:
- PNG and JPEG output formats
- CFCHART with enhancements:
- CFSEARCH enhancements:
- Multi-language Support
- Word and PDF document Support
- Mac Intel Support
- CFMX Compatibility Improvements
- Performance Enhancements
The BlueDragon Product Family
With BlueDragon, organizations have a choice of products, each of which will natively integrate CFML with their strategic technology platform of choice: BlueDragon Server, BlueDragon Server JX, BlueDragon for J2EE Application Servers or BlueDragon for the Microsoft .NET Framework.
All BlueDragon versions utilize a highly optimized, high-performance caching architecture that delivers consistent "in-memory" page rendering performance and scalability.
- BlueDragon 7.0 Server is a standalone CFML application server implemented in Java that is a free alternative for deploying CFML applications. Its architecture is based on New Atlanta's standards-based ServletExec® web application server.
- BlueDragon 7.0 Server JX adds additional functionality to BlueDragon 7.0 Server, including CFCs, XML, Web Services, shared J2EE session management, support for Java and C++ CFX tags and the ability to deploy hybrid CFML/JSP web applications. BlueDragon 7.0 Server JX also includes JTurbo®, New Atlanta's J2EE-certified driver for Microsoft SQL Server. Additional drivers to other popular database systems like Oracle are also included.
- BlueDragon 7.0 for the Microsoft .NET Framework enables native integration and deployment of CFML on the Microsoft .NET platform. NEW Edition: This version of BlueDragon is now available in two different editions: Standard and Enterprise.
- BlueDragon 7.0 for J2EE Application Servers is a CFML runtime module that can be packaged within a standard J2EE application component. These compact and portable archives allow CFML to be deployed on any standard J2EE application server platform:
- without source code modification;
- without revealing intellectual property;
- without installing an additional server.
BEA Systems also has their own branded, sold and supported version of BlueDragon offering native J2EE deployment of CFML applications on BEA WebLogic: BlueDragon, BEA WebLogic Edition. Please visit http://www.bea.com for more information and to download BlueDragon, BEA WebLogic Edition.
BlueDragon natively support all Microsoft .NET platforms and also supports all major J2EE application servers including BEA WebLogic, IBM WebSphere, Oracle iAS and JBoss. BlueDragon supports all major web servers including Microsoft IIS, Sun ONE Web Server, Netscape Enterprise Server, iPlanet Web Server, and Apache Web Server. BlueDragon is supported on Windows NT/2000/XP/2003, Mac OS X, Mac OS Intel, Solaris, IBM AIX, HP-UX and Linux.
Pricing and Availability
Evaluation, development, and testing with all versions of BlueDragon 7.0 is free. BlueDragon deployment server pricing, with unlimited clients for:
- BlueDragon 7.0 Server: is FREE;
- BlueDragon 7.0 Server JX: $899 per server;
- BlueDragon 7.0 for J2EE Application Servers: beginning at $2,999 for a single CPU server machine; and
- BlueDragon for the Microsoft .NET Framework: NEW Standard edition beginning at $1,999 per server machine, and Enterprise edition beginning at $2,999 for a single CPU server machine.
All BlueDragon 6.x customers under subscription will be upgraded for free to BlueDragon 7.0.
Special competitive upgrade offers from ColdFusion to BlueDragon 7.0: click here.
About New Atlanta
In over 85 countries around the world, over 14,000 corporate and individual customers rely on New Atlanta products for their server-side deployments.
New Atlanta develops software products and technology and provides support services needed to deploy and administer dynamic web sites and web-enabled applications.
New Atlanta's founders are web-scripting technology leaders, successfully bringing three generations of web-scripting languages to market since 1995:
- Lasso - A cgi-based web-scripting language and runtime for publishing FileMaker Pro databases. Lasso was sold to Claris (now FileMaker, Inc.), a wholly owned subsidiary of Apple, in March of 1997 - becoming the FileMaker Pro 4.0 Web Companion. Over ten million licenses of FileMaker Pro have been sold since its initial release.
- ServletExec - A server-side Java based web-scripting language and runtime that implements the Java Servlet and JavaServer Pages (JSP) APIs. Tens of thousands of ServletExec licenses have been sold since its initial release in 1997.
- BlueDragon - A ColdFusion® Markup Language (CFML) runtime with native deployment and integration capabilities on both the Microsoft .NET and Java 2 Enterprise Edition (J2EE) platforms. BlueDragon is also delivered as a standalone server for turnkey CFML Server and VAR/OEM deployments, providing built-in CFML functionality and processing that can be easily and fully incorporated within any product or solution.
The company's other product JTurbo®, is a J2EE Certified Type 4 driver for connecting to Microsoft SQL Server.
Founded in 1997, New Atlanta is a privately held company based in Alpharetta, Georgia (north metro Atlanta). For more information about New Atlanta, visit the company's web site at http://www.newatlanta.com or send email to General Info.
BEA, WebLogic, and BEA WebLogic Server are registered trademarks of BEA Systems, Inc. BlueDragon™, ServletExec® and JTurbo® are trademarks of New Atlanta Communications, LLC. All rights reserved. ColdFusion is a registered trademark of Adobe® Inc., in the United States and/or other countries, and its use here does not imply the sponsorship, affiliation, or endorsement of Adobe, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.