FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
November 17, 2003
Media Relations Manager
New Atlanta Communications, LLC
BlueDragon 6.1 Announced
Support for CFCs, XML and Web Services Offered
Alpharetta, GA - November 17, 2003 - New Atlanta Communications, a leading producer of server-side technologies, is pleased to announce BlueDragon 6.1, the newest version of its BlueDragon product family for deploying ColdFusion® Markup Language (CFML) web applications. Deployment options range from BlueDragon Server, a standalone CFML application server, to any Java 2 Enterprise Edition (J2EE™) and Microsoft .NET application server.
New Features Added, plus Expanded Platform Support
Improved support for the CFML language includes:
- Web Services
- Internationalization / Globalization
- CFIMPORT for CFML Custom Tags
- C++ CFX Tags
BlueDragon 6.1 also includes the following major features and enhancements:
- Windows 2003 Support
- Mac OS X Support
- Redhat Linux 9 Support
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 2.1 Support
- Apache 2 Support
- CF5 Compatibility Improvements
- Performance Enhancements
- BlueDragon Archive (BDA) Enhancements
- Administration Console Enhancements
BlueDragon Simplifies Transition to Strategic Technology Platforms
New Atlanta, through the BlueDragon product family, is committed to helping ensure that substantial investments in CFML code and skill sets will not become marginalized or devalued due to corporate adoption and standardization on the .NET and J2EE technology platforms.
"Most organizations today are faced with choosing between J2EE and .NET as their strategic technology platform," said Vince Bonfanti, President of New Atlanta Communications. "This decision can be particularly troublesome for organizations with significant resources invested in CFML. BlueDragon gives these organizations the freedom to choose either J2EE or .NET with confidence that their CFML applications can be integrated and deployed on either platform."
BlueDragon Server FREE for Development and Deployment
While many web developers prefer CFML for its ease-of-use and productivity, many times they are forced to choose "free" web scripting technologies, like PHP or ASP, for budgetary reasons. In an effort to maintain and increase the population of CFML developers worldwide, the entry-level version of BlueDragon Server is now offered free for development and deployment.
The BlueDragon Product Family
With BlueDragon, organizations have a choice of products, each of which will natively integrate CFML with their strategic technology platform of choice: BlueDragon Server, BlueDragon Server JX, BlueDragon for J2EE Application Servers or BlueDragon for .NET.
All BlueDragon versions utilize a highly optimized, high-performance caching architecture that delivers consistent "in-memory" page rendering performance and scalability. BlueDragon 6.1 also includes a newly improved administrative interface that simplifies the configuration, administration and deployment of CFML.
- BlueDragon 6.1 Server is a standalone CFML application server implemented in Java that is a free alternative for deploying CFML applications. BlueDragon Server includes support for CFCs, XML, Web Services, and Java and C++ CFX tags. Its architecture is based on New Atlanta's award-winning, standards-based ServletExec® web application server.
- BlueDragon 6.1 Server JX adds additional functionality to BlueDragon 6.1 Server, including shared J2EE session management and the ability to deploy hybrid CFML/JSP web applications. BlueDragon 6.1 Server JX also includes JTurbo®, New Atlanta's J2EE-certified driver for Microsoft SQL Server. Additional drivers to other popular database systems like Oracle are also included.
- BlueDragon 6.1 for J2EE Application Servers is a CFML runtime module that can be packaged within a standard J2EE application component. These compact and portable archives allow CFML to be deployed on any standard J2EE application server platform:
- without source code modification;
- without revealing intellectual property;
- without installing an additional server.
- BlueDragon for the Microsoft .NET Framework (Coming Soon!) will provide for native integration and deployment of CFML on the Microsoft .NET platform. BlueDragon will offer native hi-performance integration with COM, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, C# and Visual Basic.NET.
BlueDragon supports all major J2EE application servers including BEA WebLogic, IBM WebSphere, Sun ONE (iPlanet), Borland App Server, Oracle 9iAS, JBoss, New Atlanta ServletExec and Macromedia JRun. BlueDragon supports all major web servers including Microsoft IIS, Sun ONE Web Server, Netscape Enterprise Server, iPlanet Web Server, and Apache Web Server. BlueDragon is supported on Windows NT/2000/XP/2003, Mac OS X, Solaris, IBM AIX, HP-UX and Linux.
Superior support services are a cornerstone for all New Atlanta products.
Web-based "self help" resources include frequently asked questions (FAQs), product documentation and product interest mailing lists, in addition to links to external sources of general technical information about CFML, Java Servlets, JavaServer Pages, JDBC and other J2EE technologies.
Fee-based support is also offered to provide immediate access to highly-trained, experienced technical staff. BlueDragon experts provide prompt turn-around times in each level of support, from online bug tracking to real-time paging and phone-based access.
Pricing and Availability
Evaluation, development, and testing with BlueDragon 6.1 is free. BlueDragon deployment server pricing, with unlimited clients for:
- BlueDragon 6.1 Server: (CFML) is FREE;
- BlueDragon 6.1 Server JX: (CFML+JSP) $549 per server;
- BlueDragon 6.1 for J2EE Application Servers: (J2EE WAR/EAR) beginning at $2,499 for a single CPU server machine; and
- BlueDragon for .NET: (CFML+ASP) to be announced upon release.
All current BlueDragon 3.0 customers will be upgraded for free to BlueDragon 6.1, upon final production release, slated for early 2004.
About New Atlanta
In over 70 countries around the world, over 11,000 corporate and individual customers rely on New Atlanta products for their server-side deployments.
New Atlanta Communications, LLC develops software products and technology and provides support services needed to deploy and administer dynamic web sites and web-enabled applications. The company's other products include: ServletExec®, a Java-based web application server that implements the Java Servlet API and JavaServer Pages (JSP) standards; and JTurbo®, a J2EE Certified Type 4 driver for connecting to Microsoft SQL Server.
New Atlanta's technical team is comprised of talented, experienced software engineers, and includes members of Sun Microsystems' Expert Groups for Java Servlet, JavaServer Pages and JDBC, which define Java specifications as part of the Java Community Process℠ (JCP). The team ensures New Atlanta's consistent, proven track record of delivering high performance, robust and reliable products that are easy to use and administer.
Founded in 1997, New Atlanta is a privately held company based in Alpharetta, Georgia (north metro Atlanta). For more information about New Atlanta, visit the company's web site at http://www.newatlanta.com or send email to General Info.
BlueDragon™, ServletExec® and JTurbo® are trademarks of New Atlanta Communications, LLC. All rights reserved. Java and Java-based marks are trademarks of Sun Microsystems in the United States and other countries. ColdFusion is a registered trademark of Macromedia® Inc., in the United States and/or other countries, and its use here does not imply the sponsorship, affiliation, or endorsement of Macromedia, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.